Here are the steps you should have followed for upgrading a client to Windows 2000.
Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of using NFTS for your file system.
Some advantages of using NTFS include:
- File and Folder level security
- Support for larger partition sizes
- Faster file access
- Support for Disk Quotas and the Encrypting File System
- The SysVol folder must be located on an NTFS partition, and therefore is required if you install Active Directory
Disadvantages of NTFS include:
- Potential incompatibility with versions of Windows NT 4.0 prior to Service Pack 4
- Cannot multi-boot with downlevel Windows operating systems, such as Windows 3.x and Windows 9x.
- High overhead, in terms of disk space requirements, for partitions smaller than 200 MB.
Disk quotas set limits on the maximum disk space available to a user.