Creating a new Hardware Profile
- Click Start.
- Click Settings.
- Click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel submenu, double-click System.
- Click the Hardware tab.
- Click Hardware Profiles.
- Select the Profile 1 from the Available hardware profiles list, which has already been selected, then click Copy.
- Type Ontheroad to name the new profile in the Copy Profile dialog box, and then click OK. Before the next step in this Simulation, you willneed to restart your computer.
- After restarting your computer, select the profile you just created from the Hardware Profile/Configuration Recovery menu.
- After you log back onto the computer and the Windows 2000 desktop appears, right-click My Computer.
- Click Manage.
- From the Manage dialog box, expand Device Manager to enable or disable devices. (You could also use Services, under Services and Applications).
- This completes the Simulation. Click the Exit button.