1) Assuming that you entered the command, vi recipe quartet,
2) Delete the first line, Grilled Salmon, and store it in a buffer name a.
3) You plan to paste the buffer contents into the next file, so you use the :n command to go there.
4) Instead of going to the next file, vi displays the message No write since last change.
5) Enter :w to save the recipe file.
6) This time, the :n command takes you to the quartet file as you expect.
7) To put the contents of buffer above the line, type a P as the command sequence.
8) When you are ready to leave vi, enter :wq to write and quit.