In this module, you will evaluate and create Internet connectivity solutions using Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0 .
Organizations connect to the Internet to provide Internet access to users on the private network and to allow users on the Internet access to
private network resources.
The Internet connectivity solution must prevent unauthorized users from accessing private network resources.
Microsoft® Proxy Server 2.0® provides solutions to Internet connectivity requirements for Microsoft Windows® 2000 networks.
Proxy Server is a group of services that is not included with Windows 2000, but that runs on Windows 2000.
At the end of this module, you will be able to:
- List the design decisions for a proxy server solution
- Describe the benefits of integrating proxy server
- Describe how to place proxy server within a network
- Select Proxy Server interface characteristics that will affect its integration
- Identify which Proxy Server client requirements you will include in your design
In the next lesson, you will learn more about the features of Proxy Server.