In the last module you learned to capture the output of a command in a variable using redirection.
In this module, you will learn some UNIX commands to use with embedded commands and commands that are commonly used in shell scripts. You will learn to:
- Search all the directories on the machine for a file name
- Determine the number of lines, characters, and words in a file
- Sort a file by a particular column of information
- Pause a script for a given number of seconds
- Search the contents of a file for a regular expression using the grep command
- Send output to the screen and a file at the same time