Introduction to Network Security and Firewalls
Network Security and Firewalls Fundamentals is a course designed to teach you how to secure your network from unauthorized activity.
By the end of this course, you will be familiar with the processes and technologies used to establish security when connecting your organization to the Internet.
You will explore methods of controlling user and hacker access, and of responding to events and minimizing damage when someone circumvents those controls.
You will learn about authentication procedures, encryption standards and implementations,
as well as direct and indirect ways to protect the ports of your network.
You will understand how firewalls and other elements are used for perimeter security.
In addition, you will learn how to respond to and report hacker activity and engage in proactive detection.
After completing the course, you will be able to
- Define security and understand security statistics
- List the attributes of an effective security system and create a security policy
- Use authentication techniques and access control to secure your network
- Define encryption and encryption types and uses
- Describe the requirements for administering and auditing a secure network
- Describe how network security is affected at the TCP/IP levels
- Describe the means used to secure protocol layers
- Apply security principles to secure servers, applications, and gateways
- Describe the elements involved in the use of firewalls
- Describe firewall strategies, goals, and designs
- Plan for proactive detection of and appropriate responses to a security breach